[Asterisk-Users] TE411P and TE406P stability

asterisk asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Oct 6 08:21:12 MST 2005

One piece of advice though.  Eliminate any echo as best you can before
introducing your PBX into "Production".  Once users have experienced echo
issues they will often continue to complain even after the issue is
corrected.  It really can taint the overall preception of asterisk's
performance.  Also get some decent phones.

Thanks,
Steve

> Hi Matt,
>     Thanks for the response.  I wasn't aware you could upgrade the card.
In that case, I think I'll make my boss happy by saving money and going with
the regular card first.

> I'm basically checking out how well Asterisk works before putting into
production for our office.  I figure I'll start with 1.0.9, and hopefully
have time to check out 1.2 before we go production, and in that time, the
stability will increase even more.

> Thanks,
>
> James Texter

> Do you specifically need hardware echo cancellation?
>
> If not you may want to try the TE405P/TE410P first and if you find that
you need the hardware echo-canceller you can upgrade the card for $900(for
some strange reason actually saves $100 over the list price of the TE411P)

> TE405P = $1495.00
>  quoted upgrade price for TE405P to TE406P = $900
> upgraded TE405P to TE406P cost = $2395
>
> TE406P = $2495.00
>
> So it may save you money anyway if you go the upgrade path.
>
> As for a version, 1.2beta 1 is very stable, we've been using it on two
high-volume production servers for over a month now with only one crash in
that time. I would recommend Asterisk 1.2beta1

> Hope this helps,
>
> MATT---
>
> On 10/5/05, james.texter at cox.net <james.texter at cox.net> wrote:
> I am getting ready to purchase my first Digium card to start experimenting
with Asterisk.  Before I make my purchase, I wanted to make sure I'm not
going to have issues with these cards (need to see what the specs are on my
box, 5V or 3.3V PCI ).  I will be using Asterisk @ Home, so will be Asterisk
v1.0.9.  I took a quick poke at the lists, and it appears several people
have been having issues.  Am I better served with a TE410P until 1.2 becomes
stable and released?