[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Asterisk/OH323

Andreas Mavrides andreas at wavespeed.net
Wed Oct 5 07:24:21 MST 2005

I have configured my asterisk to connect to an H323 gateway in order to
place calls to the PSTN. The calls go through with no problem, but what I
experience is a loss of received sound after about 5 mins in the call (the
sound comes in very intermittent), while the other party continues to
receive the call with no problem (it's a one-way loss). When this happens, I
can see that the pc (using top) CPU utilization goes upto 75% and the
computer becomes sluggish. I have tried this on another server using a P4
3GHz with 2GB of RAM, but the problem exists even on that server. Has anyone
experienced this, or knows where the problem is?

SIP to SIP calls or SIP to IAX does not give such a problem