[Asterisk-Users] From Database, PHP-Webinterface -> TO flatfileconfiguration

Arne Morten Johansen amj at avio.no
Wed Oct 5 05:15:18 MST 2005

Hi.

I've started working on a PHP-project that generates the configuration
files i need based on what's in my MYSQL database. I can add, delete and
edit users from the web. I can set up exactly the dialplan i need by
arranging the users in a firms and groups if needed. I've also set up a
java servlet so that i can get asterisk to reload by pushing a button
from the web-interface. The php-scripts communicates with ip-sockets.

So what's my question? I'm just wondering if this is a good idea. Any
comments? I've looked into the mysql support in the addons but I find it
hard to do and complicated. For me it's easier to write the config-files
from a php-script. But what about performance? Any big difference here?
What do you think is the pros and cons of a setup like this?

Regards,
Arne Morten