[Asterisk-Users] Transfer directly to voicemail (blind transfer)?

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Tue Oct 4 15:51:51 MST 2005

Hi,

Have looked around for info about this:

<http://www.google.com/search?q=Transfer+directly+to+voicemail+site:lists.digium.com>

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+VoiceMail

If we are using 5 digit extensions (10102: 10 for the company,
102 for the extension), where can we put something
so that "102*" goes straight to voicemail without
waiting while the extension rings?

Here is what we have in extensions_additional.conf:

exten => 100,1,Goto(ext-local,10100,1)
exten => 101,1,Goto(ext-local,10101,1)
exten => 102,1,Goto(ext-local,10102,1)
exten => 103,1,Goto(ext-local,10103,1)

Would something like this in extensions.conf work?

   exten => _XXX*,1,Voicemail(u${EXTEN:1})

Where would be the best place to put it?

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!