[Asterisk-Users] Forcing Codec Usage

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Oct 4 15:44:02 MST 2005

maybe your phones (polycom 50?'s if I remember right) have the priority
configured to place ulaw above g729?  It's in your ipmid.cfg (if you do
use polycoms) or maybe your sip.cfg if you've upgraded to SIP 1.5.2 and
migrated your config files

Crystal Stream, Incorporated wrote:
> Hello,
> I have VPC (Voice Pulse Connect) and NuFone for
> providers and  I have setup modules.conf with the
> registered (Digium) G.729 Codec such as:
> load => codec_g729a.so
> load => res_crypto.so
>
> With both sip/iax2 configuration disallow=all is first
> and then allow=g729 is next
> (allow=ulaw,allow=alaw,allow=gsm are next after
> allow=g729) and it always dials via ulaw.
>
> Why is this happening?
>
> Josh

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC