[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as H323 gateway

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.com.ar
Tue Oct 4 15:35:47 MST 2005

I have setup Asterisk with chan_oh323 to connect to the PSTN over H.323 in
Buenos Aires, Argentina. Currently I'm using direct connections to the
telephone company's (iplan) H.323 gateway, but I'm working on using an
intermediate H.323 gatekeeper to take advantage of the telephone company's
redundant servers. I think the telco uses Cisco hardware, but I'm not
completely sure.

We've just started using this, but it seems stable so far.

On Tue October 4 2005 06:28, asterisk at frameweb.it wrote:
> Is there anyone who is currently using Asterisk as a production H323
> gateway?
>
> And using which combination of asterisk and H323 (chan_h323, chan_oh323?)
>
> The main issue is interoperability with other H323 parties (Cisco AS53xx,
> Nextone, etc).
>
> Searching the mailing list it seems that both h323 and oh323 are not so
> stable, is it only an impression or using h323 is really not so advisable?
>

> Francesco Pellegrini
> pellegrini at frameweb.it

Juan Jose Comellas
(juanjo at comellas.com.ar)