[Asterisk-Users] Emergency calls - forcing through on channel

Chris Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Oct 4 14:41:28 MST 2005

1 2 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hypothetical but quite possible scenerio:
>
> Attempted emergency 911 call but all zap channels are already in use.
>
> Is there any way to hangup zap channels before dial(Zap/g1/911) or equivalent.
>
> AFAIK hangup doesn't except options so I CANNOT do something like hangup(Zap/g1) to clear  zap
> channels before the dial statement - this is what i was hoping to do.
>
> So what do other people do?

asterisk*CLI> show application SoftHangup
asterisk*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'SoftHangup' =-

[Synopsis]
Soft Hangup Application

[Description]
   SoftHangup(Technology/resource|options)
Hangs up the requested channel.  Always returns 0
- 'options' may contain the following letter:
      'a' : hang up all channels on a specified device instead of a
single resource

--
Christopher L. Wade, CCNA, CCDA, CQS-CIPTES, CQS-CWLSS