[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and NAT

Bartosz Wegrzyn - asterisk junk at lexoncom.com
Tue Oct 4 13:37:19 MST 2005

Not all firewalls handle sip correctly.
What is the firewall that u have?

Basically I would set everything like this:

extenip = static ip or DDNS ip
localnet = you local network the same the asterisk is on

On the firewall forward ports 5060 and ports in rtp.conf file to
you asterisk box, if necessary unblock firewall for it.

Set asterisk nat=never.

This should work for registration with your provider.

For clients to be able to log in to your box try to avoid sip and use iax2
protocol. If u cant try to use stun, if not playe with nat settings for
the specific client.

I hope this helps

Bart

 As well as entered externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in your SIP.conf file?