[Asterisk-Users] PBX 'Personalities' ?

Nathan Pralle tarsi at binhost.com
Tue Oct 4 11:49:54 MST 2005

> I'm curious if someone could point out a dirty trick to get the voice to
> play right, for internal and external callers, depending upon what number
> they dialed into, or what organization the user belongs to, without massive
> dialplan facelift.

Asterisk goes and uses the value of the LANGUAGE variable to determine
which sound files to play.  I usually go and set that to something like
"custom" and then Asterisk goes and plays the sounds under the "custom"
directory instead of the default.  But you can name it anything you
want, so you can make multiple "languages".

Nathan