[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceling

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Oct 4 08:59:17 MST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 11:26, Matt wrote:
> You know what.. I have sporadic echo issues too and I just checked my
> dmesg and also see that!   What's this all about?

*STOP*

You will receive these messages if you send or receive faxes.  I asked for
this particular procedure to be executed because I was curious to see if
zaptel was seeing an echo cancel disable tone when calling the numbers with
extreme echo.

Again, this is NORMAL to see and EXPECTED if you are sending or receiving
faxes.  He's not calling a fax machine (I suspect he's not anyway) so I
wanted to make sure that the zaptel echocan was NOT hearing the disable tone.

-A.