[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceling

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Oct 4 08:25:50 MST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 11:02, Tad Heckaman wrote:
> After doing a quick search, it appears that maybe a bellsouth echo can
> is turning my echo can off? How do I tell zaptel to leave it on,
> regardless if it recieves that tone?

The tone to disable echo cancellers is a good thing, not a bad one.  Fax
machines and modems tend to not work well with echo cancellation (they take
care of it themselves) and if you disable the tone detection in zaptel
(there's a #define for it in zconfig.h IIRC) then the chances of your
faxes/modem calls working through the PRI in either direction will go down
significantly.

I actually have a wishlist item to enable/disable that tone detection on a
per-call basis.

-A.