[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceling

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Oct 4 08:10:13 MST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 10:59, Tad Heckaman wrote:
> zaptel Disabled echo canceller because of tone (rx) on channel 16
> I just did dmesg -c and thats what I got... I think there was a call
> allready in progress. Whats that about?

Was that after the first or second dmesg -c?

Procedure:

dmesg -c
place call that will have terrible echo
finish call
dmesg -c

After the 2nd dmesg -c did you see that message?  I'm also assuming a
relatively unloaded system, and if that "on channel 16" was the channel your
call went through (You'll see Zap/16-1 or something to that effect in the *
CLI) then you've identified the problem.

-A.