[Asterisk-Users] Seeking Asterisk Solution For mid sized corp.

Tim King tim at compnetwork.net
Tue Oct 4 07:53:46 MST 2005

Hey Guys,

            I have a new task to tackle. I need to make asterisk save me as
much $$$ From Ma Bell As possible. Here is the Scenario. I have 50
storefronts throughout the state of Michigan. Each location has 2 voice
lines in a hunt group and a FAX Line with DSL on it. I also have a large
Asterisk Box here at the corporate office Currently with one PRI Terminated
to it. I obviously need to keep at least one analog line on site at each
location for the DSL to work. But how could I cut the other two lines. I was
trying to figure out how to keep my hunt groups working though. Would I have
to port my existing numbers over and have asterisk do all the hunting and
forward to a new unlisted number using a 2ns PRI Channel. Or would it be
easier to just use VOIP for everything and only use the Pots line to bring
in the DSL. For e911 purposes I do need the stores to still be able to pick
up the local POTS line and call out. The other issue is the faxes, if I
could use asterisk to distribute the faxes and use voip from the stores to
send them out via asterisk I could save thousands there alone. Let me know
if anyone has had a similar setup. Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Tim King