[Asterisk-Users] Hang-up Detect - Yet Again

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Tue Oct 4 06:52:36 MST 2005

> * answers the call, but if the incoming caller hangs up, * does not
release the line.

Is there a polarity reversal on hangup (those clicks you hear maybe)? If so
then you may find that using the CVS-HEAD version of Asterisk will help
hugely. Put hanguponpolarityswitch=yes in your zapata.conf

But I'm positive that the definitive answer to most people's hang up
detection problems would be some code in chan_zap to detect a tone other
than busy on hangup.

For example on my line is it a continuous tone. On yours you get a
dial-tone.

Faris.