[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing busy

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 4 01:22:12 MST 2005

Anders Svensson wrote:
> I have a problem. Incoming calls work without problem but I cant call
> out. Using AAH.Gets a busy tone
>
> Anyone who can see a mistake in Outgoing settings
>

> context=from-pstn
> host=ipkund1.rixtelecom.se
> insecure=very
> nat=yes
> secret=xxxxxxxxxxx
> type=peer
> username=0406082250

"username" is one of the most misunderstood settings in sip.conf and
it's really a bad, bad, bad name. You want to set fromuser and
fromdomain together with username.

"username" has many uses, which is bad:
* One is to set a default user name that is used in combination with
default IP when we have no registration from a local peer.

* The other use is what you are trying to set up: to set authentication
username when we register and place calls to an outbound service
provider. This is always used in combination with "fromuser" and
"fromdomain".

The nat=yes setting seems redundant, it should be done on Rix telecom's
side. When you set nat=yes you tell asterisk that the *other end* is
behind nat. I do not believe a service provider run a service behind NAT.

Good luck! Lycka till!

/Olle