[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and NAT

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 4 01:13:32 MST 2005

René Enskat [Teamware GmbH] wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I have to put my * behind a Firewall through nat on the firewall.
> The asterisk is running, but for example a register to an outside PSTN
> provider won't work.
> I enabled nat for the register but i only get Code 120 Send request.
> The other problem is, when i try to register with a sip phone which is
> behind a nat router i cant register.
>
> When the * is in official net all is working!

There are many, many mails and webpages out there that explain the kind
of trouble you have, one of the most common. So please try voip-info.org
and the mailing list archives and you'll find an answer. If you still
can't get it to work, please come back to the mailing list.

Try searching "asterisk sip nat".

/Olle