[Asterisk-Users] Voice Quality bad on one side of Frame Relay

Stephen myvoip at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:28:47 MST 2005

Hi ,

Does anyone encounter this problem ? We have installed Asterisk at Site
A and have 128k Frame Relay over to Site B.
We are using Zyxel 2 port FXS at Site B and Linksys PAP2-NA at Site A.
We are using Ulaw at Site A and G729 at Site B.

When the calls are originated from Site A to Site B, party at Site A can
hear Site B voice clearly and no breaking up voice. But Site B user
hears Site A voice is breaking up sometimes. The Total bandwidth usage
is about 30k.

We have deployed the same setup to another Site , Site C with 64k Frame
Relay. Same things happen.

Any Comments / Ideas ?

Regards,
Stephen