[Asterisk-Users] Question about 3Com(r) 3101 Basic Phone

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Oct 3 23:20:51 MST 2005

I have no idea about the 3XXX series of phones.  The 2XXX used to have SIP firmware but I could never get my hands on it.  I used to see the SIP 2XXX phones selling on Ebay from time to time.  I imagine that even if you can locate the SIP firmware for the old phones, you would have to upload it to the NBX since the phones download their firmware from the NBX at bootup.

The best way to connect a 3com system to an * box is via T1/E1 (I have had great sucess).  You could also connect them via H323 but 3com's H323 solution involves a Windows server.  I would like to see someone reverse engineer thier pcXset or wave software and make an * addon that emulates it.

Thanks,
Steve

    Hi, i have one question, the 3Com® 3101 Basic Phone work with asterisk, if so i any a especial firmware o another thing. And wath other 3com ip phone product work with asterisk. I think is a good idea to create a list with the all voip device and the status with asterisk.