[Asterisk-Users] updating display of a hardphone based on agentslogging in

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Oct 3 08:41:38 MST 2005

I'm also using SNOM320/360 phones. Ideally - set up one button to toggle
the Agent Status (in/out == On/Off) ???
Kinda make sense if app_devstate (or similar) made it into mainstrean
Asterisk - so line indication lamps could be used at will.

The SNOM320 is so ideal for Call Centres (the Headset control it gives
one) - I'm surprised that there is not a dedicated "Agent Has Logged-in"
icon... :-)

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:20 +0200, Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> On the Snom phones you can use a SIP MESSAGE to overwrite the idle screen text
> with a given text message. Maybe that is helpfull for your scenario.
>
> Regards
>   Nils Ohlmeier

Nils (or anyone else) - how does one do this from Asterisk?

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE