[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-RealTime: sip_friends and register => user:pass@host

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Oct 3 00:49:15 MST 2005

Script Head wrote:
> I am upgrading to Asterisk-Realtime and stumbled upon a problem
> converting my existing sip.conf register command to the RealTime format.
> It seems that sip_friends table setup doesn't allow for such thing to
> happen. So far the only way I see to do this is dumping the sip_friends
> table setup in favor of Asterisk RealTime Static
> (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20RealTime%20Static)
> which seems to be quite an ugly solution. Am I missing anything?

No, you are perfectly right. The [general] and [authentication] sections
can only be configured in Realtime Static. They're not supposed to
change during execution unless you reload the basic SIP configuration.

Peers and users are realtime realtime storages.

In 1.3, we'll start adding registration to a peer section and removing
the user... But that's another story.

/O