[Asterisk-Users] Console Sound: Cuts out, Comes back after restart

Wolfgang Borgon wborgon at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 14:51:41 MST 2005

I'm having a problem with sound output to the console.
  My basic dial plan is as follows:

exten =>
_1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/####@voxee/${EXTEN},30,A(beep))
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Playtones(info)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Hangup

I get the following output in the console:

___*CLI> dial 1#######@voxee
    -- Executing Dial("ALSA/default",
"IAX2/####@voxee/1###########|30|A(beep)") in new
stack
    -- Called ####@voxee/1##########
    -- Call accepted by 66.246.246.52 (format ulaw)
    -- Format for call is ulaw
    -- IAX2/voxee-1 is making progress passing it to
ALSA/default
Oct  2 14:44:04 WARNING[3750]: chan_alsa.c:751
alsa_indicate: Don't know how to display condition 14
on ALSA/default    -- IAX2/voxee-1 is ringing
    -- IAX2/voxee-1 stopped sounds
    -- IAX2/voxee-1 answered ALSA/default
    -- Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
 << Console call has been answered >>
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/voxee-1'
  == Spawn extension (voxee, 1##########, 3) exited
non-zero on 'ALSA/default'
 << Hangup on console >>
___CLI>

The first time I dial after starting Asterisk, the
dial is executed, the other end rings, and I hear a
ringback tone through the speakers on my console.  I
answer the other end, say a word, which I can hear
through the console speakers, but then thats it -- the
console speaker output cuts out.  I can however, still
continue to speak through the console mic and hear it
on the other end.

If I try to dial again, I hear no sound out of the
console speakers, while the mic continues to function,
and I can hear sound on the other end.

In addition, the Playtones(info) does not seem to be
doing anything.

If I 'stop now' and restart asterisk, I can hear sound
from the console speakers for a short period, but then
it cuts out again, as before.

I am running ASLA w/JACK and having no problems
outside of Asterisk, even Skype works.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Thanks