[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Oct 2 05:14:16 MST 2005

Wayne wrote:

> Hiyall,
> been following this for a while, just thought I would add a bit to the
> debate, but doesn't the Cisco system (Call Manager?) run on an Windows
> 2000 based server - if it was that bad why would Cisco choose to run
> it? Also 3Com use NT/2000 to run the H323 gateway. Admittedly the call
> processor runs on VXWorks but to cross the boundary of proprietary
> 3com and rest of world - they jump onto windows.

Funny you should bring that up.  We frequently have to reboot our system
for stability reasons.  Our last issue was the server freaked out and
all the phones time displays were showing weird characters, no calling
out.  Calling into the system from an outside number, resulted in a 2nd
dial tone.  We were able to make long distance calls via that second
dial tone.  Had to reboot the system to recover.  I'll stick with a *NIX
based OS.

Doug