[Asterisk-Users] Adding Cepstral to Asterisk

Lists lists at futuresync.com
Sat Oct 1 11:41:49 MST 2005

I downloaded Cepstral to my Asterisk Box.  I did the install and let it
install to /opt/swift.

I brought down a new CVS-HEAD as of today 10/1.

I added APPS+=app_cepstral.so into the Makefile in
/usr/src/asterisk/apps/Makefile

Like:

# Obsolete things...
#
#APPS+=app_sql_postgres.so
#APPS+=app_sql_odbc.so
APPS+=app_cepstral.so
#

I did this piece but wasn't sure exactly what part of the Makefile I was to
add it in so I added it in here:

Towards the top of the file where it talks obsolete programs are commented
out.
And then after the section that compiles voicemail add:

app_cepstral.so: app_cepstral.c
	$(CC) -D_GNU_SOURCE -shared -Xlinker -x -o $@ $< -lz -lm -lswift
-lceplex_us -lceplang_en -lz -ldl -L/opt/swift/lib -I/opt/swift/include

Make sure the $(CC) line starts with a tab, not spaces.

I didn't see a lot about voicemail:

app_sql_odbc.so: app_sql_odbc.o
        $(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $< -lodbc

app_cepstral.so: app_cepstral.c
        $(CC) -D_GNU_SOURCE -shared -Xlinker -x -o $@ $< -lz -lm -lswift
-lceplex_us -lceplang_en -lz -ldl -L/opt/swift/lib -I/opt/swift/include

look:   look.c
        $(CC) -pipe -O6 -g look.c -o look -lncurses

I checked the /etc/ld.so.conf file for a line like: opt/swift/lib in the
file.  It wasn't there so I added it:

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/opt/swift/lib

I ran ldconfig when I was done.

I can't see that Cepstral was added into Asterisk and I was wondering what I
have done wrong that it doesn't work.

Thanks.