[Asterisk-Users] chan_cap-cm-0.6 deflect support

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Oct 1 08:33:49 MST 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:11:19PM +0200, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > > Also, is there a way to detect that a SIP phone has an active forward
> > > number and capi-deflect any incoming calls to that number?
> >
> > If you can retrieve this information from extensions.conf, then you can use
> > my example above.
> >
> > Anyway, I noticed that the original implementation of deflect specified in
> > capi.conf does not work in all cases.
> > I plan to remove that and to allow capicommand(deflect|...) only.
> > It's not necessary to do that in capi.conf and using different MSNs is
> > difficult too.
> > My idea is provide information about 'this is a call-waiting call, no
> > b-channel' to extensions.conf via a variable. And the user then can decide
> > what to do with that call using all features of the dialplan.
> > I plan to do this for version 0.6.1.
>
> Yes, that would be perfect! Looking forward to that implementation.

I have added this (and removed the deflect entry from capi.conf) to CVS.

In addition, to make chan_capi find a free interface if all B-channels are
used by Asterisk, I added a pseudo channel to each interface.
This additional channel is used if it is an incoming call and the
variable BCHANNELINFO is '2' only.
Now you can check for BCHANNELINFO=2 to find out this is an call-waiting
call and start capicommand(deflect|<number>), if you want activate call
deflection on that call.

I have not fully tested it, but it should be possible to hangup/hold another
call and accept the call-waiting call.

Maybe you want to test it :-)

Armin