[Asterisk-Users] IAXmodem fax polling

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Wed Nov 30 18:51:56 MST 2005

Ben Higley wrote:
> In checking this out, how does one implement it.. the readme is very vague.
>
> I really like the IAXmodem with hylafax for incoming, and has been working
> great. I would like to explore the outbound faxing capabilities, but
> havent had a chance to go down that road. Right now I can fax out using
> the Brother MFC software printer driver, because I have a connection to
> the MFC with a USB cable ...
>
> I have downloaded a few of the Hylafax clients to no avail in making them
> work.

Well at least for testing you can try sendfax (part of the hylafax
suite), eg.:
	sendfax -h asterisk.sysnux.pf -d 101  tmp/f650gs.pdf
would contact hylafax-server on host asterisk which would send the pdf
file to extension 101 of the iaxmodem context (ext. 101 is my Philips
fax machine connected to TDM400P.

I haven't tried chan_fax yet.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527