[Asterisk-Users] How to exit from Asterisk console.

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Nov 30 14:25:29 MST 2005

1.	Kill the Asterisk process
2.	Launch Asterisk as a background process by typing 'asterisk &' or
use the safe_asterisk shell script (better)
3.	type 'asterisk -r' to connect to the console
4.	Press Ctrl C to exit the console. Use ps -a | grep Asterisk to
determine if the Asterisk process is still running (it should be)
5.	Modify /etc/rc.d/rc.local to have step 3 in it as the last line.
This will launch Asterisk as a background process on boot.

hth