[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and sendmail

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Nov 30 06:40:35 MST 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:25:19PM -0500, Michaël Gaudette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m a beginning Asterisk and Sendmail user.

Note that the "sendmail" need not be sendmail. It can be basically ant
mail transfer agent (MTA). Postfix, exim and maybe qmail will do s well.

> I am trying to setup my
> voicemail to send emails to a certain email address. It doesn't work, and I
> think I've figured out what it is.  There is probably a spam-feature at my
> provider (that I am using as smart host in sendmail) to not accept emails
> coming from root at localhost.localdomain.

You can configure your MTA to add a domain name if the sender name
contains a username alone. It shoukd then help you with other mail
messages sent from this system. E.g: the outputs of cron jobs.