[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home isdn

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Nov 30 05:18:05 MST 2005

On Wed, November 30, 2005 12:55, Alejandro Vargas said:
> 2005/11/30, Francesco Peeters <Francesco at fampeeters.com>:
>> You are running the HFC-PCI in NT mode. This means you have an ISDN
>> telephone connected to it, rather than using it to connect to the PSTN?
>
> Thanks, now I changed this to mode=0
>
>> What is in your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf? I do not recall seeing that
>> info before in this thread...
>
> I've tried modifying the original zapata.conf fron asterisk at home and
> also tried copying the one in bristuff zaphfc.
>
> ;
> ; Zapata telephony interface
> ;
> ; Configuration file
>
> [channels]
> ;
> ; Default language
> ;
> ;language=en
> ;
> ; Default context
> ;
> ;
> switchtype = euroisdn
> ; p2mp TE mode
> signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
>
> ; p2p TE mode
> ;signalling = bri_cpe
> ; p2mp NT mode
> ;signalling = bri_net_ptmp
> ; p2p NT mode
> ;signalling = bri_net
>
> pridialplan = dynamic
> prilocaldialplan = local
> nationalprefix = 0
> internationalprefix = 00
>
> echocancel=yes
> echotraining = 100
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
>
> immediate=yes
> group = 1
> context=demo
> channel => 1-2
>

>> That is fine...
>> However zaptel clearly doesn't have any active channels, so asterisk
>> will
>> break on that. What brand HFC-PCI card do you have, and did you apply
>> the
>> Florz patch?
>
> Yes, I applied it today and I'm repeating the tests, but with this
> patch, when I modprobe zaphfc the system hangs.

That might be caused by the incorrect loading order (as mentioned in my
previous reply)

If it remains after correct order (zaptel then zaphfc), please try insmod
zaphfc debug=3.

In that case also show us the complete output from lspci, and check dmesg
and /var/log/messages for any zaptel and zaphfc messages.

Good luck!

--
Francesco Peeters
----