[Asterisk-Users] IP GSM Gateway is giving uncomplete SIP signalization to PRI interface - can I somehow avoid that in Asterisk ?

Robert Rozman robert.rozman at comutel.si
Wed Nov 30 02:25:44 MST 2005

Hi,

I have following setup :         PBX <-> Voxip from Parlay <-PRI-> Asterisk
<-SIP-> SIP IP GSM Gateway (2n)

on outgoing call from pbx through Voxip and to IP GSM gateway : latter only
responds with SIP session progress but no SIP Ringing message when
connection starts to ring, so Voxip is hanging up line on approx 13sec
timeout.... I know we could try simulate ringing with r in dial, but that
would be quite wrong, cause GSM gateways sometime take more time to
establish connection, so user gets false ringing signal... Can we somehow
interfere with Asterisk and generate SIP messages to fool Voxip from hanging
up the line ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.