[Asterisk-Users] Page() application examples.

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Nov 30 00:16:22 MST 2005

I have setup a vanilla macro and dial plan example to use the new Page()
application.

I use the page context so that I can configure each extension uniquely,
to deal with the various different devices, if not I have a default
'CatchAll'.  This configuration will support any and all channel types
that can produce an auto-answer effect. Be it by the addition of a
variable or sending the call to another channel (Skinny and the Cisco
SIP Auto Answer Configuration by John Todd)

Please post any additions for particular hardware to the list or email
to me, I will assemble a list and submit a bug report to get it
committed to SVN.

[macro-page];
;
; Paging macro:
;
;       Check to see if SIP device is in use and DO NOT PAGE if they are
;
;   ${ARG1} - Device to page

exten => s,1,ChanIsAvail(${ARG1}|js)                            ; j is
for dump and s is for ANY call
exten => s,2,Set(_ALERT_INFO="RA")                              ; This
is for the PolyComs
exten => s,3,SIPAddHeader(Call Info: Anwser-After=0)            ; This
is for the Snoms and Others
exten => s,4,NoOp()                                             ; Add
others here
exten => s,5,Dial(${ARG1}||)
exten => s,6,Hangup
exten => s,102,Hangup

[page] ; Paging context
exten => 202,Macro(page,SIP/polycom)
exten => 208,Macro(page,SIP/cisoo1aa)
exten => _X.,1,Macro(page,SIP/${EXTEN})

____________________

The line below goes in the context where you have your extensions.

exten => 7999,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=60)
exten =>
7999,2,Page(Local/202 at page&Local/208 at page&Local/210 at page/n&Local/interal
223 at page|)

Credits:

	The team at Grandstream that convinced Mark Spencer to create
this at Astricon. Olaf from TheVoIPConnection.com for his input. Oh yeah
and the community fr pushing for this feature for along time!!!!

Alex Lopez (Opsys)