[Asterisk-Users] Pasting phrases together....

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Nov 29 20:51:35 MST 2005

>Hi,
>
>Yes that does work but in some cases it just seems it would be
>clearer (also less code) to be able to have them on one line...
>
>Thanks
>
>Anthony Rodgers wrote:
>
>>exten => s,4,BackGround(to-compose-a-message)
>>exten => s,5,BackGround(press-1)
>>
>>doesn't work?
>>
>>On Nov 29, 2005, at 3:41 PM, <chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Is it possible to paste phrases together and if so how do I separate each
>>>phrase.
>>>
>>>exten => s,4,BackGround(to-compose-a-message,press-1)
>>>
>>>and
>>>
>>>exten => s,4,BackGround(to-compose-a-message|press-1)
>>>
>>>do not work...
>>>
>>>Thanks

If it doesn't work, it is a bug and should be posted to the
bug.digium.com interface with a clear descripton of how it doesn't
function.  Note that the description allows multiple filenames to be
specified using the "&" parameter (not the "," as you show in  your
example.)

JT

*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'BackGround' =-

[Synopsis]
Play a file while awaiting extension

[Description]
   Background(filename1[&filename2...][|options[|langoverride][|context]]):
This application will play the given list of files while waiting for an
extension to be dialed by the calling channel. To continue waiting for digits
after this application has finished playing files, the WaitExten application
should be used. The 'langoverride' option explicity specifies which language
to attempt to use for the requested sound files. If a 'context' is specified,
this is the dialplan context that this application will use when exiting to a
dialed extension.  If one of the requested sound files does not
exist, call processing will be
terminated.
     s - causes the playback of the message to be skipped
           if the channel is not in the 'up' state (i.e. it
           hasn't been answered yet.) If this happens, the
           application will return immediately.
     n - don't answer the channel before playing the files
     m - only break if a digit hit matches a one digit
           extension in the destination context

*CLI>