[Asterisk-Users] Problems with auto dialout

Hugh Jackman hijackman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:45:06 MST 2005

I don't think * was looking for alert-1 at the remote server. My best
guess would be that IAX server at the other ends actually *answer*
your call *before* Dial the destination channel. As soon as that
happens, * will jump to  (alert-1,s,1) and playback the message before
the other end has a chance to pick up the phone. What you will hear
then might be the remaining part of your alert messages (depending on
how fast you pick up the phone).

Cheers!