[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail and sendmail

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Nov 29 14:47:24 MST 2005

You can also modify the passwd file in /etc to put a friendly name on the
SMTP envelope instead of "root" b/c some spam filters will block even if the
email address is ok but the sender is "root"

Best practice is to run non-root though. I have an "Asterisk" user and an
"Asterisk" group. If you modify your passwd file appropriately after setting
your Asterisk account you can get very friendly names like "Company XYZ
phone system"