[Asterisk-Users] Cisco CP-7940G drops time from display

Michael Coburn mcoburn at midwesttechnical.net
Tue Nov 29 14:30:43 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with the CP-7940G phones where upon a reset
the time and date are displayed on the top row of the LCD screen, but
after approximately 30 minutes the time and display disappear, while
otherwise the phone continues to work as normal.  If I unlock the phone
settings from the handset and just change the 24-hour format from NO to
YES and back to NO (basically force it to re-read it's local
configuration settings), and then exit, the time/date displays for
another 30 mins or so, then disappears.  What gives?

I checked Cisco's site on the SIP Administrator guide and there are no
SIPXXXXXXX.cnf settings to control whether the time is visible or not.
The only option there is to set the format of the date i.e. date_format:
M/D/Y (I'm in the US so I didn't need to change this parameter as the
default is what I need) and then a bunch of DST related settings.
voip-info.org doesn't say anything related to losing the display of the
date and time.  Google is only pointing me to marketing-hype about how
great these phones are and that they ship standard with date/time
display on the LCD screen *grin*.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?  One of my clients is really
keen on this.  If I can't get it to work I'm buying a huge digital clock
for his office and he can read the bloody time from that.  Thanks in
advance,

--

Michael Coburn

Network Solutions Manager