[Asterisk-Users] SNOM Phones MWI, Hold & Retrieve buttons not working with Asterisk v1.2

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Nov 29 10:46:19 MST 2005

On 18:26, Mon 28 Nov 05, Sascha Deri wrote:
> I made an error in what I previously wrote. What actually works in v1.2 is:
>
> exten => asterisk,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
>
> Which is what Michael originally wrote.  My bad!

:) To err is human :)

I know for sure it had to work since I copied it from my
working config.

> Sascha wrote:
>
> >Thanks Michael - you got me on the right path. What you gave me didn't
> >work, but I figured out that the following does (on version 1.2):
> >
> >exten => default,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})
> >
> >(BTW, exten => Unknown,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})   used to work
> >for us in Asterisk 1.0.9 but obviously no longer does)

Like I said those are the defaults.
If memory serves right there's a setting for sip.conf to
specify the user that sends the MWI stuff to the phone.
Pressing the Mailbox button calls that user in this way:
username at ip.of.asterisk.box
So you have to setup an extension in the phones context that
matches that username.

The defaults were Unknown for 1.0.x and asterisk for 1.2

This is just to be complete ;)

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info