[Asterisk-Users] Reboot stops TD400P cards from outgoing calls until first incoming call arrives

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 29 08:24:11 MST 2005

>> Asterisk*CLI> zap show status
>> Description                              Alarms     IRQ
>> bpviol     CRC4
>> Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1         OK         0
>> 0          0
>> Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 2           OK         0
>> 0          0
>>
>> ---------------End of Original Message-----------------
>>
>> The above does indicate a problem.  The Rev E/F card is known to have
>> issues, and most of the issues revolved around unusual failures after
>> a week or so. But there have been several other changes leading up to
>> the Rev I card (the latest is Rev J with only minor changes since Rev
>> I).
>>
>> I don't know of anyone that has attempted to mix to Rev's of the TDM
>> card in a system, so unknown whether that might be an issue or not.
>>
>> I'd contact digium support and have that Rev E/F card rma'ed under
>> warranty. (All TDM cards are still under warranty.)
>>

> Thanks for the heads up. More dissappointing is that the E/F card is
> the newer card purchased. Where can I go to see when certain revisions
> were released? Surprising that the newer card just purchased (to me)
> is the older rev :(.

You can probably search the -cvs list to find it, but that might be a
little time consuming. You should see the card's pic id's in dmesg and
then look in the zaptel src directory for matching entries, or, simply
call digium support.

It sounds like you are running an older version of zaptel/asterisk.