[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home isdn

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:41:18 MST 2005

I'm testing asteriskathome with an ISDN card

00:0a.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)

I found there is the module hisax and I loaded it:

hisax                 456177  0
crc_ccitt               2113  2 hisax,zaptel
isdn                  133409  1 hisax

dmesg shows this:
HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4

I'm not sure if it is detecting the hardware, and I'm not sure what
config I must do in asterisk. The documentation is confusing, because
the references to hisax indicates to use cahan_modem_i4l but comments
in modules.conf says "DON'T load the chan_modem.so, as they are
obsolete in * 1.2". I tryed anyway but chan_mdem_i4l does not appear
whan I type reload.

--
Alejandro Vargas