[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem with ADIT 600 and FXO configuration

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 29 01:21:52 MST 2005

Hello,
OK, some things I've found out so far.  The ground connection
to the ADIT chassis wasn't really to ground (fixed that, it
made FXS card happy when connected).

Taking a cue from another post I also reduced the number of
options specified in zapata.conf to:

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1-2
immediate=no
musiconhold=default

group = 0
signalling=fxs_ks
context = incoming
busydetect = no
overlapdial = no
channel => 25-27
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 97  ;X100P
group = 1
signalling = fxo_ks
context = internal
channel => 98-100
channel => 101-105

Using zttool I tried to loopback the TE406P span 1 which
switched the ADIT a:2 port into loop back, setting the line
down and back up didn't clear the configuration (I had to
find the "set a:2 line loopdown" command).  Moving the link
to span 2 on the TE406P I now can receive incoming calls
(yea!), trying to place an outbound call results in
dead air with the eventual message that the call didn't
go through :-(

Note that both the ADIT and the TE406P were showing
green on the T1 connection however it wasn't until
I changed the connection to span 2 that it started
allowing inbound calls to work, zap show channel 1
showed InAlarm: 1 although I didn't spot any other
error messages.

zztool currently shows:
RED/NOP         T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1
OK              T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2
RED             T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3
RED             T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4
RED             Wildcard X101P Board 1
OK              Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1
OK              Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 2

The "NOP" on Span 1 appears to mean "Not Opened" however
I don't know what that means.

I've got one more day/night to get this working so any
suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
William.