[Asterisk-Users] delayed pickup in ZAP interface and issue with hang up-s (fwd)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Nov 28 20:42:35 MST 2005

> I’m looking for support in regards to configuration of ZAP interface on a
> TDM400P card (TDM04D).I’m running Asterisk v 1.0.7 cvs on White Box 3.5 with
> kernael 2.4.21
> I’ve got two problems with Asterisk:
> 1. When there is an incoming phone call on the zap interface, Asterisk holds
> call for about three rings and then forward it to a predefined extension. I
> assuming that it waits for caller id, therefore I’ve tried to switch it off
> by modification of callerid and usecallerid with no positive outcome.
>
> My zapata.conf is:
> [channels]
> language=en
> immediate=no
> busydetect=yes ; to test when a line is hung-up
> busycount=6 ; to prevent suprious hangups
> context=from-pstn
> signalling=fxs_ks
> usecallerid=no
> callerid= asreceived    ;(no or any other value doesn’t bring any
> improvement to my setup)
> echocancel=yes
> echotraining=800
> callprogress=yes
> group=0
> channel=>1-4

Per the sample configs...
;
; Specify whether the channel should be answered immediately or if the simple
; switch should provide dialtone, read digits, etc.
;
immediate=no

#2 is likely related to disconnect supervision (not busycount). I'm not sure
what your telco provides (since I'm in the US) if anything.

In the US, most telco's provide disconnect supervision in the form of a
momentary tip/ring open (appears as the removal of battery from the CO).