[Asterisk-Users] delayed pickup in ZAP interface and issue with hang up-s (fwd)

bogi at tsm32.com bogi at tsm32.com
Mon Nov 28 19:17:13 MST 2005

Hi out there,

I’m looking for support in regards to configuration of ZAP interface on a
TDM400P card (TDM04D).I’m running Asterisk v 1.0.7 cvs on White Box 3.5 with
kernael 2.4.21
I’ve got two problems with Asterisk:
1. When there is an incoming phone call on the zap interface, Asterisk holds
call for about three rings and then forward it to a predefined extension. I
assuming that it waits for caller id, therefore I’ve tried to switch it off
by modification of callerid and usecallerid with no positive outcome.

My zapata.conf is:
[channels]
language=en
immediate=no
busydetect=yes ; to test when a line is hung-up
busycount=6 ; to prevent suprious hangups
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=no
callerid= asreceived    ;(no or any other value doesn’t bring any
improvement to my setup)
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
callprogress=yes
group=0
channel=>1-4

2. When there is an incoming phone call on ZAP interface that was terminated
by the caller, before the call was answered, Asterisk rings the extension up
to six rings. I know it is trying to recognize if the call was finished - up
to value setup in “busycount”.
I’m using asterisk in Australia and I’m starting it with a proper country
settings - modprobe:
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (AUSTRALIA mode)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (AUSTRALIA mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (AUSTRALIA mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (AUSTRALIA mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 1 (Australia)
Specify address with base=0xNNNNN
Registered Tormenta2 PCI
registered new driver wcusb
Wildcard USB FXS Interface driver registered
Registered tone zone 1 (Australia)

The combination of the first issue and this one crate a problem. In my
experience most of people wait for about 3-4 rings before they hang up. If
asterisk will hold calls for 3 rings, I will not have chance to pickup any
incoming calls and then I will have still asterisk ringing extensions in
spite of terminated calls. So there is going to be a situation where the
outside world will not be able to call me and from the opposite side users
are going to hurry pickup “phantoms calls”.
I’ve tried to search the Internet for some info and solutions, but
recommended solutions were related to country settings.

I will be grateful for any advice and recommendation, which will help me to
resolve these issues.

Bogi