[Asterisk-Users] Comedian Voicemail? PROBLEMS?

Martin Joseph mercedes at barknaturalpet.com
Mon Nov 28 14:53:05 MST 2005

Hi,

I am a newbie,  and I am setting up a simple system to share a PSTN
line with another location.

In the process of setting this up I am also testing the various codecs.

I am only able to get comedian voicemail (ie dialing 1234) to record or
playback messages if I use the GSM codec?  Is this normal and expected?
  If I use ulaw or alaw I get either trash noise or an immediate busy
signal on attempted message playback.

I am running asterisk 1.2 on OSX 10.4.3.

Thanks for any help or ideas, and sorry if this is a tired old question.
Marty