[Asterisk-Users] Upgrade Cisco 7910 with Asterisk ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Nov 28 14:47:20 MST 2005

Bob Goddard wrote:

> You misunderstand. Buying a smartnet contract for a phone does not
> give you the right to download software for other hardware. One
> smartnet contract equals only one device covered.

News to me... If cisco queried my TAC request of a router on an existing
contract bought when I only owned a phone I'd believe it, but they
didn't bat an eyelid.

I see that smartnet is now available from my usual hardware dealer for
£40 which is pretty damned competetive (since I paid £150 for it 5
months ago from an 'official' cisco dealer, who then proceeded to mess
me about for 2 months before getting off their arses and actually
registering it)... not sure I'd actually get one again though - the
dealer support has been very good, it's just cisco's end that has sucked.

Tony