[Asterisk-Users] Problem with pulses dialing on asterisk 1.2

Tom Rymes trymes at cascadelinksystems.com
Mon Nov 28 14:45:17 MST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 3:00 PM, John Novack wrote:

> Cyrille DERORY wrote:
>
>> I'm using asteriskathome 2.0 beta 6 (asterisk 1.2) with SIP
>> softphones, 7905G cisco SCCP and analog phone( DTMF dialing). All
>> is working nice, however when I change DTMF for an analog pulse
>> dialing,my analog phone is not working.
>>
>> I've found the following :
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf
>> pulse=yes
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+zaptel+pulse
>> +dialing
>> pulsedial=yes
>>
> Pulsedial=yes works
>
> You should be aware that inserting a "w" into the dialstring does
> NOT work with pulsedial, however, so if your PSTN connection is a
> little slow, you may get misdials
>
> Remember you need to restart after making the change.
> To be really safe, reboot.

I think this might be a problem peculiar to Asterisk @ home, since I
cannot get my install to accept pulsedial=yes, either. Even though I
have tried specifying pulsedial=yes in zapata.conf before the
channel=> line and also in zapata-auto.conf, as well as in
zapata_additional.conf (along with the extension's config), none of
the above work. (I figured I'd try everywhere, even if it didn't make
any sense...)

Anyhow, if I connect to the Asterisk console and run "zap show
channel 1", it reports "Pulse phone: no" even though "pulsedial=yes"
is specified. I don't know how A at H/AMP would have modified zaptel to
break this, but it is indeed possible that this is an A at H specific
problem.

Tom

Tom Rymes
Cascade Link Systems
www.cascadelinksystems.com
(603) 375-1414

"Intelligent technology solutions for small businesses."