[Asterisk-Users] Upgrade Cisco 7910 with Asterisk ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Nov 28 09:29:34 MST 2005

Noc Phibee wrote:
> Thanks sergio for your answer.
>
> But cisco france say me that i cant' bye SmartNet contract on this product.

You can, but only in the US I believe.  I've never found any deal less
than £150 (UK).

> Only one solution are possible: Bye a special contract at $180.00 ...
> Pff i can bye a new equipment with this price hihihi

It's not so bad... you do get access to firmware to all cisco devices
with that, so if you have more than one device it becomes worth it.

You also get access to cisco TAC.  Their support sucks in my experience,
but it's far better than having no support at all when your hardware
fails (cisco won't even give a manufacturers guarantee unless you have a
smartnet contract).

Tony