[Asterisk-Users] PBX Manager beta1 release

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 23:25:11 MST 2005

The first beta of the PBX Manager can be downloaded from
http://asterisk.paymentonline.net.

Major new stuff includes expanded support for cdr reports and queues,
as well as improvements in the dialplan scripts and several bug fixes.

Windows is also supported in this release.  PBX Manager has been
tested on Debian linux, Freebsd, and Windows XP.

The main features that we think distinguish PBX Manager are as follows:

- Seamless multi tenant support
- PBX Manager and Asterisk can run on different servers
- Built in Asterisk manager library and proxy
- Cross platform
- Easy installation
- Won't interfere with your existing configuration files.
- Ability to create customized distributions for clients/customers.

Cons:
- It's new, doesn't have all the features that we would like yet, and
it's not thoroughly tested.
- It's not for someone that wants a complete asterisk installation, as
it requires that you
  already have asterisk installed and running.
- The templating and provisioning system isn't documented, and it
needs to be if you want
  to have any hope of actually using that part of PBX Manager.
- No support for Zap interfaces at the present.  It's on it's way however.
- No official support.  This isn't our primary business, which is one
of the reasons we
  decided to release this under a BSD license to begin with.

PS.  I've had a number of people asking about how to contribute.  All
the code is in subversion at the present.  In the next few days I'll
try to find a way to make the repository
available so people can checkout the current release and make patches
against it.

Cheers,

Chris Ochs
Payment Online Inc