[Asterisk-Users] beginner questions

Ariel Monaco arielmonaco at flylabs.com
Sun Nov 27 21:49:40 MST 2005

Amir,

http://www.voip-info.org

;)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Amir Aziz
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 1:31 AM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] beginner questions

  Dear List Members,

  I am trying to setup a small asterisk box. My configure is pretty basic for now. my zaptel.conf is as follows

      fxoks=1
      fxsks=2
      loadzone=us
      defaultzone=us

  when I run # /sbin/ztcfg -vv I get

  Zaptel Configuration
      ======================

      Channel map:

      Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
      Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

      2 channels configured.

  my zapata.conf is as follows

  [trunkgroups]
  ; define any trunk groups

  [channels]
  ; hardware channels
  ; default
  usecallerid=yes
  hidecallerid=no
  callwaiting=no
  threewaycalling=yes
  transfer=yes
  echocancel=yes
  echotraining=yes
  immediate=no

  ; define channels
  context=internal        ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
  signalling=fxo_ks       ; Use FXO signalling for an FXS channel
  channel => 1            ; Telephone attached to port 1

  context=incoming        ; Incoming calls go to [incoming] in extensions.conf
  signalling=fxs_ks       ; Use FXS signalling for an FXO channel
  channel => 2            ; PSTN at tached to port 2

  I have also configured two soft phones (xten). I can dial from one softphone to the other and vice versa. I am using SIP. I am using O'Reilly Asterisk: The Future of Telephony. Now to the questions I hope I have provided enough information I am using the latest release of Redhat Linux and Asterisk. I have got 1 FXS and 3 FXO channels.

  1.  I do not get any kind of tone in my analogie phone connected to the FXS port.
  2. when I run ZTTOOL I see the card but are there any other tools that give more information I do not see any activity going on.
  3. when I turn on computer all the lights at the back of digium card are green and are list even though no wire is inserted. Is that normal?
  4. when I insert analogue phone line from telco in FXO port what am I suppose to look at in the zttool. I do not see any kind of activity so far.
  5. Are there any open source graphical tools that I can also instal to configure, monitor and troubleshoot asterisk.
  6. What other books/links can be helpful in learning this interesting software.

  I thank you all for you help in advance.

  Regards,
  Amir Aziz

  http://mail.yahoo.com