[Asterisk-Users] "CPE does not support Call Waiting Caller*ID"?

Chad Scott chad at idworld.net
Sun Nov 27 21:05:53 MST 2005

I'm having a strange problem that I can't quite explain.   I feel
like I'm missing something simple but I can't quite find it.

I'm not getting call-waiting CID whenever the incoming call is
delivered over IAX.  However, when the same caller, coming in over
IAX, hits an empty ZAP channel, the channel rings and the CID *is*
delivered as expected.

I hear the CID bleep-boop, but the display indicates nothing and
asterisk spits out "CPE does not support Call Waiting Caller*ID."

If I reverse this and have the initial call come in via IAX, ringing
the ZAP channel, and the second call coming in via ZAP or SIP, the
initial call shows the correct CID, I answer the phone, then hear the
CID bleep-boop, the display indicates the correct CID, and asterisk
spits out "CPE supports Call Waiting Caller*ID.  Sending Desk Phone/
0202".

I can't for the life of me figure out what the difference is.  It
seems that if it can do one it can do the other, so I must have some
configuration missing somewhere.

Inside "zapata.conf" I have:

usecallingpres=yes
usecallerid=yes
cidstart=ring
cidsignalling=bell
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=no
callreturn=no

This is on Asterisk-1.2 out of CVS, fully up-to-date.

I have two ZAP channels, 1 coming in from the telco and 2 going out
to an analog phone.  I also have a SIP desk phone (which always shows
the right CID).

Anyone have any ideas?