[Asterisk-Users] Re: oh323 channel disappears

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Sun Nov 27 19:53:33 MST 2005

asterisk at frameweb.it wrote:

>cd /root
>wget
>http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/Libraries/pwlib-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
>wget
>http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/Libraries/openh323-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
>
>cd /usr/src
>wget
>http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/ian/projects/asterisk-oh323/download/asterisk-oh323-0.6.7.tar.gz
>
>cd /root
>tar zxvf pwlib-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
>tar zxvf openh323-Mimas_patch2-src-tar.gz
>mv pwlib_Mimas_patch2 pwlib
>mv openh323_Mimas_patch2 openh323
>
>cd /usr/src
>tar zxvf asterisk-oh323-0.6.7.tar.gz
>
>PWLIBDIR=/root/pwlib
>export PWLIBDIR
>OPENH323DIR=/root/openh323
>export OPENH323DIR
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWLIBDIR/lib:$OPENH323DIR/lib
>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Don't put libraries in /root.  If you build from source, then put it in
a directory below /usr/local.

>the only thing I am absolutely not hayy to did was that  "chmod 777 /root";

Don't do that or set a directory to 777 unless you want anyone to be
able to write there.  In this case, you definitely don't want that.

>I think that it should be not necessary at all, I did it becouse asterisk
>run as "asterisk" user, and peraphs i thought some problems aboutr
>accessing pwlib or oh323;

Try running asterisk as root.  I have been told asterisk has trouble
running under a non-root user.

>I tried to reboot a box WITHOUT exiting from asterisk, and the running
>conversetion (with  more then 2000 billsec....) was not recorded in the cdr

Make sure you don't do this.  Asterisk keeps state, and you need to save
that state before you shutdown the system.

HTH,

Mike