[Asterisk-Users] Eicon Diva Server query

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Sun Nov 27 14:29:10 MST 2005

Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank everyone (particularly Armin) for the assistance
with my new Eicon Diva. I installed it into a new Asterisk 1.2 box this
weekend and the installation was simple and painless, thanks to all your
input.

If anyone else is considering one of these cards, let me just say that
the installation on CentOS 4.2 (RHEL4 clone) was incredibly simple: The
source code RPM installed and compiled with no problems, the ./Config
script found my card and set everything up for me.

All up, loading CentOS 4.2, downloading ~200mb of updates (I only had
the 4.1 CDs, so yum did a LOT of upgradeing), the Eicon Diva drivers,
Asterisk 1.2 (with chan_capi-cm) and Asterisk Management Portal only
took 3 hours from start to fully configured finish. :)

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   Walter Turnbull Bldg   T: +61 (0) 2 6233 0607
   44 Sydney Ave,         F: +61 (0) 2 6233 0696
   Forrest,               W: http://www.squiz.net/
   ACT 2603

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>