[Asterisk-Users] Context mix-up

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 27 06:52:45 MST 2005

> I have two fwd accounts, and I want them to behave differently. It
> took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't work, but finally I
> realized that the last definition in sip.conf is the one that steals
> the show.

Its a common issue with sip since it matches on ip address, etc. Check
the archives on 'how' sip finds a matching sip.conf entry. Change your
fwd accounts to iax and you will have more control.

In my case with fwd #61890, incoming calls include the fwd number, so
extensions.conf entries like this:
 exten => 61890,1,NoOp,${CALLERID}
 exten => 61890,2,Goto(bus-ivr-main|s|1)
 exten => 61890,3,Hangup

work just fine. Your second number would simply have a different
exten => statement.